5 Steps to Planning an Epic Corporate Event
When organizing a corporate retreat, you want it to be memorable, exciting, and all-inclusive. Therefore, it’s essential to include many activities to cater to all attendees. Maybe some nature, a beautiful hotel stay with room service, a great pool area, fabulous dinners, and activities to engage and build friendships. Therefore, we have constructed a step-by-step list for planning and executing a successful corporate retreat.
STEP 1 – LOCATION
When you initially begin the planning, you need to decide on a popular and highly demanded location for your retreat. Maybe the majority wants a mountainous adventure or a tropical relaxation. Be prepared to research all types of scenery to accommodate every suggestion. Choosing a location everyone loves is crucial to the most extravagant corporate retreat. At the end of a long day of conferences or meetings, attendees will want to explore the host city. What is the best place that meets everyone’s wants while still being able to build a great bond? We’ve listed some famous (and extravagant) corporate retreat venues as ideas.
- Scottsdale, Arizona: Offers a wide variety of activities, from hiking and off-road adventures in The Sonoran Desert to Old Town Scottsdale, which is full of bars and clubs to get everyone socializing! If golf is your activity, AZ is the place to be. Scottsdale has the most beautiful golf courses in the desert and spectacular views!
- New York City, New York: New York City is one of the most popular places to travel, corporate retreat or not. Visit Times Square, Broadway, the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building (you can even take a helicopter ride over New York City!)
- Aspen/ Denver/ Telluride, Colorado: For nature lovers, Colorado offers a multitude of sceneries, but the most well-known attractions are the Rocky Mountains.
- New Orleans, Louisiana: New Orleans has a diverse atmosphere that can cater to almost anyone. The city’s liveliness is unmatched, and it is undoubtedly a good time. Make sure to visit The French Quarter and take an airboat ride!
- Hawaii: Everyone knows no matter where in Hawaii you go, it is stunning. Enjoy a tropical getaway along some of the most beautiful beaches in the world!
STEP 2 – ACCOMMODATIONS
Now that you’ve picked a place, you’ve got to choose the hotel. Does everyone want a woodsy-style cabin to stay in, or do they want a luxurious stay in a resort? No matter your desired location, there is still a big decision to make regarding the stay! Make sure to factor in the times of year to plan the trip according to your budget. Traveling to New York is more prevalent in the winter than in the summer, and it’ll be more expensive, too! Transportation to and from activities, the airport to the hotel, and much more need to be arranged. If you’re flying, make sure shuttles, taxis, or Ubers available for everyone attending.
STEP 3 – FOOD
There are thousands of ways to tackle this and every way to do it! Some of the best 5-star restaurants are everywhere in Scottsdale or New York City! Make reservations early!
STEP 4 – EXTRACURRICULARS
Now for fun. What are you going to do? The extravagant nature of corporate retreats is making a reappearance. Bungee jumping and paintball are making a comeback. We’ve compiled a *massive* list of everything and anything anyone could want to do on a corporate retreat while still making it a corporate retreat.
- ATVing/Sand Buggy Adventures
- Bungee Jumping
- Capture the Flag
- Bar Hopping
- Spa Visits
- Art Galleries
- Cooking Classes
- Painting Classes
- Wine Tastings
- Whiskey Tastings
- Scavenger Hunts
- Visit a Tattoo Parlor
- Escape Room
- Mixology Classes
- Desert Tours
The list could go on, but you get the point. There are a bajillion things to do!
STEP 5 – MAKE IT FUN
Make sure to research the area and give everyone a list of recommendations for things to do on their own!